Always ensure Passports must be valid for at least six months from date of return to South Africa. Make sure there are at least a minimum of two blank pages for stamping. Should you be travelling to countries that request inoculation, please ensure this is done. You are required to present the inoculation report to Border/custom officials. Please double check the requirements for the country you are travelling to. Always confirm your flights at least 72 hours prior to each departure. Flight times can change, reconfirmation can be done directly with the airline. Please Check-in for domestic flights is at least one and a half hours prior to departure and international check-in is at least two and half hours prior to departure. Please note that flights to the USA require a minimum of 3 hours to check-in due to processing of documents. All our flights and packages advertised are subject to change without prior notice, subject to availability and seasonal adjustment may apply. Prices are subject to change due to rates of exchange as well as any tax fluctuations. Any additional costs will be for the expense of the person or persons travelling. E & OE. My Travel Guy (Pty) LTD reserves the right to withdraw and take down any of the packages /airfares advertised without prior notice. If you don’t have travel insurance make sure you understand the risks that can occur and costs that you are liable for.
Terms and Conditions
MY TRAVEL GUY (PTY) LTD
MY TRAVEL GUY (PTY) LTD (known now in this agreement as “MTG”) is an Online Travel Agent (a go-between agent) that facilitates transactions between you and our preferred Travel Service Providers (“Supplier(s)”). This would include hotels, airlines, cruise companies, tour operators, rail operators, visa service companies, travel insurance companies and Foreign Exchange operators which would be on offer to you and enables you to purchase such products and services.
These Terms and Conditions form the entire agreement between yourself and “MTG” regarding the purchase of any service that we offer you.
When making a booking with MTG you consent to both yours and anybody whom is travelling with you’ relevant personal information being made available to MTG to process the reservation and perform the transaction. You would also consent to the relevant personal information being retained by MTG and their reputable suppliers services providers, where applicable, in accordance with prevailing legislation.
The Suppliers’ Service Terms can be viewed at all the suppliers websites in accordance to the booking form you would receive from “MTG”.
Travel related services are provided by or through one or more Suppliers and such Suppliers, as well as the Terms and Conditions contained herein, are subject to change at any time by “MTG” without notice and without prior consent. All benefits are subject to availability and may be terminated without notice.
The goods and services described herein are offered and provided by third party Suppliers and MTG is not responsible for any losses related to the offer, fulfilment or use of the goods or services.
“My Travel Guy” flight specialists:
- The MTG flight specialists can assist you in booking any available MTG products that are advertised on the MTG website or social media site as well as tailoring any flight and hotel combination or bucket lit trip.
- We will negotiate your best deal while you sit back and relax.
- We believe in full transparency
- Our Goal is to provide you with the best rates in South Africa
- We are always on call. We understand that with travel there is possibility of delays, we want to ensure that you have our expert support on our emergency lines 24 hours a day guiding you every step of the way
- We will plan any type of trip you have your mind set on.
- We offer all our clients the Business/ First Class treatment they deserve.
- Our team has travelled extensively so we understand your needs and wants, our goal is to make sure you feel comfortable every step of the way
- Your travel experience and happiness is what we strive to achieve
- Any cancellations or changes to “MTG” bookings must be made by “MTG”.
- The MTG consultants are available between 08h00 to 18h00 (Monday to Friday) and are closed on weekends and public holidays.
- Email support is available on Saturdays between 09h00 to 13h00.
- Emergency support is available 24/7.
My Travel Guy Fees and Charges
Due to the exclusivity and nature of the travel business, our best prices are always subject to availability and are only valid for 24hrs. Please also note that these prices can change due to availability. We are not liable for confirmed flights that sell out before receiving full payment and issuing of tickets. Our fees and charges are not refundable.
You will be charged a change fee for certain changes made through a MTG consultant to any confirmed booking that we have handled. Unfortunately this is also subject to airline charges plus admin fee of R250.00
- You will be charged a cancellation R250 fee for confirmed bookings. Which is subject to airline and hotel cancellation policies. The most restrictive cancellation fees will apply.
- quotes are valid of 24hrs, however subject to change due to ROE and availability.
- Rates are only final on full payment.
- Deposits are subject to fluctuations of ROE
- We accept EFTs, however we are not liable for rate changes that can occur due to transaction waiting period.
- Immediate payments and confirmation of money reflection in the account can secure booking rate.Cancellations,
Changes and Refunds
- REFUNDS are to be claimed from the suppliers as the money paid over to “MTG” is paid directly to them.
- We will help and facilitate the refund process; however we are not liable for any losses.
- All requests for refunds, cancellations or changes to an already confirmed and booked “MTG” product or offer must be directed to “MTG”. No cancellations or change requests can be requested or effected by the relevant Supplier directly.
- If any refund is due to you, ETF payment will be made to you on confirmation of bank account from your bank. Please note that it needs to be stamped by the bank and not older than 3 months.
- If you want to cancel your booking and request a refund due to medical reasons, we require a medical report from your doctor giving the reasons why you are not fit to travel. Unfortunately we would need to consult the Suppliers terms and conditions and present your case to them and a decision will be made.
- Any or all refunds, due to change requests or cancellations, are soley dependent on the Supplier’s refund policy and Service Terms, which may include additional cancellation fees, administration fees or denial of application. “MTG” still remain applicable.
- Please note that Airlines can take up to 8 weeks and in exceptional cases, even longer to refund money. We do not refund you until the airline has refunded us. Once we receive the refund from the airline, we will communicate with you and refund you immediately.
- The same applies for Suppliers. Suppliers can take up to 8 weeks and in exceptional cases, even longer to refund us. Once we have received the refund from the supplier, we will communicate with you and refund you immediately.
My Travel Guy Offer and acceptance
- You acknowledge that any advertising and completion of the booking form is considered an offer to purchase.
- You will make the offer to purchase final once you have signed the offer to purchase
- Notwithstanding any other Terms and Conditions contained in these Terms and Conditions or in any other document, your offer will only be accepted once your booking has been made and confirmation of your payment has been received.
- We retain in our sole discretion the right to accept or reject your offer.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fully aware of these Service Terms, which are available on request.
- Please note you will be required to sign and return the Terms and conditions document on successful payment and invoicing.
- Unfortunately under no circumstances will we refund you should you have made a mistake relating to the details of your purchased “MTG” product.
Since All My Travel Guy flights, products or packages are provided by our preferred and reputable supplier, we do not, subject to the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, when and if applicable, accept liability for any actions, errors or omissions on the part of any Suppliers and/or any other service providers, which are governed by their respective rules, regulations and Service Terms. You also understand that weather conditions can play a part in the cancellation of any service or pre-paid service. Arrangements must be made with the supplier should this occur
You acknowledge that some Suppliers offering certain services and activities may require you and your travel companions to sign their liability waiver and additional Terms and Conditions prior to participating in the service and/or activity they offer. You understand that any violation of any such Supplier’s rules and restrictions may result in cancellation of your and/or your travel companions’ reservation(s), in you and/or your travel companions being denied access to the applicable travel product, in you and your travel companions forfeiting any monies paid for such reservation(s), and/or in our debiting your Visa/Mastercard/ other credit card and/or holding you liable for any costs we incur as a result of such violation.
Travel Risk and Insurance
You undertake all activities associated with My Travel Guy packages, products and services are at your own risk.
Due to the nature of Travel and the implicit safety precautions that take place most flights, hotel stays, activities are completed without any serious incidents. While some destinations, activities and products offered by same can involve great risk than others. It is your and your travel partys’ sole responsibility to research and ascertain the risk associated with certain travel destinations, products and services, including but not limited to: the method of travel, travel routes, travel itineraries, travel experiences and travel destinations. By offering for sale travel products and services, we do not represent or warrant that such travel products or services are advisable or without risk, and accordingly we are not liable, subject to the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, when and if applicable, for damages or losses that may result from such travel.
Travel insurance is not offered by “MTG” however we can provide you with a list of companies that offer travel insurance. This would be your responsibility and you would need to understand the risks, financial obligations and liabilities that are involved should you not take travel insurance.
Rates of exchange
Any price that “MTG” quotes on for international flights, packages and services is subject to rates of exchange. This can affect the price. “MTG” would not be held liable for any financial implication of such.
All quotes generated by “MTG” until such a time that it is confirmed and tickets issued are subject to such fluctuations and we reserve the right to charge you with the increased actual price. For the avoidance of doubt, it is recorded that we reserve the right to charge you the product’s increased price, notwithstanding the fact that you have already signed or confirmed acceptance of the travel confirmation form.
We will however request your permission first to pay in the difference and should you deny the request, we will not proceed to book.
In the unlikely event of there being an unscheduled extension or variation to a Travel by Investec product caused by flight delays, bad weather, strikes, technical difficulties, communication breakdowns, your or your travel companions’ actions and/or omissions (irrespective of whether such conduct is negligent or not) and/or any other cause which is beyond our control, then you will be liable for the any expenses relating thereto, including but not limited to hotel accommodation and flights.
Valid Travel Documents
Always ensure Passports must be valid for at least six months from date of return to South Africa. Make sure there are at least a minimum of two blank pages for stamping. Should you be travelling to countries that request inoculation, please ensure this is done. You are required to present the inoculation report to Border/custom officials. Please double check the requirements for the country you are travelling to. It is your responsibility alone to ensure that you and your relevant travel companion(s) are in possession of valid passports for the duration of your trip. You may also be required to obtain a visa, health certificates or any other travel related documents for some destinations, even as a transit passenger, prior to departure, and it is your responsibility to do so.
For any of the above mentioned information for passport, visa requirements, health certificates, vaccinations or anything related to required travel documents, you should contact the embassy, high commission or consulate of the country to which you will be travelling. Alternatively contact a “MTG” Travel Specialist for further assistance. Should you not be travelling immediately from the time you have made your booking, it is highly recommended that you contact the above mentioned institutions at least 90 days prior to departure. It is both yours and your travel party to ensure that all the necessary documents are received.
Should you not have the necessary travel documents for both you and/or your travel party, could result in you not being allowed entry into the desired country. “MTG” is not held liable for costs, claims, damages of whatsoever or consequences of whatsoever for any type of incarceration or deportation. It is your responsibility to make yourself accustomed to all requirements for every aspect of your booking. You will also fully indemnify us against all claims by any person, including your relevant travel companions, for all damages, fines, penalties, causes of actions, costs (including all legal fees on an attorney and own client scale, resulting from your and/or your travel companions’ failure/omission to ensure that he/she has complied with all travel documentation requirements.
With effect from 1 June 2015, Regulation 6 of the Immigration Act requires the following documentation in respect of children travelling:
Where parents are travelling with a child they must produce an unabridged birth certificate of the child reflecting the particulars of the parents of the child. In the case of one parent travelling with a child, he or she must produce an unabridged birth certificate and consent in the form of an affidavit from the other parent registered as a parent on the birth certificate of the child authorising him or her to enter into or depart from the Republic with the child he or she is travelling with; a court order granting full parental responsibilities and rights or legal guardianship in respect of the child, if he or she is the parent or legal guardian of the child; or where applicable, a death certificate of the other parent registered as a parent of the child on the birth certificate.
Where a person is travelling with a child who is not his or her biological child, he or she must produce a copy of the unabridged birth certificate of the child; an affidavit from the parents or legal guardian of the child confirming that he or she has permission to travel with the child; copies of the identity documents or passports of the parents or legal guardian of the child; and the contact details of the parents or legal guardian of the child.
Any unaccompanied minor shall produce to the immigration officer proof of consent from one of or both his or her parents or legal guardian, as the case may be, in the form of a letter or affidavit for the child to travel into or depart from the Republic: Provided that in the case where one parent provides proof of consent, that parent must also provide a copy of a court order issued to him or her in terms of which he or she has been granted full parental responsibilities and rights in respect of the child; a letter from the person who is to receive the child in the Republic, containing his or her residential address and contact details in the Republic where the child will be residing; a copy of the identity document or valid passport and visa or permanent residence permit of the person who is to receive the child in the Republic; and the contact details of the parents or legal guardian of the child.
Product Specific Terms and Conditions
The following product specific Terms and Conditions will apply. A specific Supplier’s Service Terms, except for those Service Terms which relates to reservation, payment and refund procedures, will however prevail to the extent that it conflicts with these product specific Terms and Conditions:
- No booking fees apply.
- Hotel/accommodation bookings may be for either business or leisure purposes.
- All rates and availability of accommodation quoted are subject to change without prior notice.
- Rates quoted are on a per person per night sharing basis and are for accommodation only, unless specifically stated otherwise. Additional single supplements may apply.
- The meal plan will be indicated on your quotation or travel confirmation form. B&B denotes Bed and Breakfast. DBB denotes Dinner, Bed and Breakfast. FB denotes full board which includes Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. AI denotes all inclusive and includes Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and selected drinks as specified by the establishment.
- Rates quoted are not available for groups or conferences.
- All accommodation provided in terms of any booking made via the IBE or the Travel by Investec consultants will be subject to the specific hotel or establishment’s Terms and Conditions.
- Hotels and establishments providing accommodation undergo renovations from time to time which may impact on your enjoyment of the accommodation. We are not responsible or liable for any compensation or damages that you or your travel companion may suffer due to renovations taking place while resident at the hotel or establishment.
- Airfares are subject to availability and fare increases without any prior notice.
- Airline bookings may be for either business or leisure purposes.
- Bookings for tickets must be in your and your travel companions’ names and surnames as reflected in your and your companions’ passports. Once a booking is confirmed, name changes (spelling or full name) are not allowed, unless otherwise specified and may incur a fee in such instances. Where name changes are not permitted, a new ticket will have to be purchased and cancellation penalties will apply to the original ticket purchased.
- If your ticket is refundable, a cancellation fee will be charged if a flight is cancelled before departure. Flights cancelled or unused after departure are non-refundable.
- If you do not show up for your flight, your full ticket will be forfeited (changes must be made at least 8 hours prior to departure)
- If changes are permitted on your ticket, the change is subject to the original fare class availability, if available at the time of change. Re-routes are permitted on certain tickets, subject to airline rules.
- Upgrades to a higher fare class are permitted on some tickets. Standard change penalties will apply, subject to airline rules.
- All changes to booked air tickets will incur costs, which costs will vary according to the various airline rules, and may, subject to the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, when and if applicable, be as much as 100%. All changes will incur a change Fee.
- All domestic fares quoted include VAT, airport taxes, security tax, fuel surcharges and the booking fee (if applicable).
- All international fares quoted exclude VAT, but include airport taxes, security tax, fuel surcharges and the booking fee. All changes to your air ticket will incur a cost to you.
- Once your air ticket has been issued, the specific airline rules apply.
- All airline check-in times are subject to the specific airline rules.
- Each airline applies its own standard policies regarding the number of pieces of luggage and the weight/mass restrictions applicable thereto per passenger. It will be your and/or your travel companion’s’ sole responsibility to enquire as to the particular airlines’ policies. In the event that you and/or your travel companion exceeds the luggage limit stipulated, any further expense incurred as a result thereof will be for your own account.
- If you, for whatever reason, miss the flight, you will be deemed to have forfeited the amount paid.
- Please note that the IBE will not facilitate pre-flight seat allocations. Once you have booked an air ticket via the IBE, you may, if available, follow the link on our website to the relevant airline’s website or contact its call centre, to pre-book your required seats. You will need the reference number which the IBE generated upon your purchase of the air ticket to pre-book a seat.
Our Price Guarantee
- If you find a cheaper airfare we’ll match it, as long as it adheres to the criteria in our checklist below:
- This offer applies only to international flights originating from South Africa; domestic flights are excluded
- Our price guarantee does not apply where the cheaper flight is part of a travel package with an inclusive airfare. The offer applies only to public airfares and does not apply to loyalty schemes, which are subsidized by a company or institution and airline tactical fares
- The fare must be available and for the same route, date, flight number, ticket type (i.e. booking class) and travel class (i.e. economy, premium economy or business class) and should include all taxes, surcharges and service fees
- If there are adults, children and infants travelling on the same booking, we’ll require a breakdown of each fare so that we can calculate the difference in fare per ticket.
- The quote must be a formal written quote, presented to us on the same day it was created and must be presented to us prior to booking.
- You can provide written airfare quotes from:
- Registered South African travel agencies
- Airlines registered with IATA
- South African registered websites quoting in South African Rand
Travel Package Policy
Travel packages are pre-packaged through tour operators. The packages quoted are subject to availability, fare increases and specific terms and conditions.
All changes/cancellations will incur costs, which may, subject to the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, when and if applicable, be as much as 100%.
Kindly note that due to constant currency fluctuations the taxes quoted may vary from date of quotation to date of payment. You will solely be liable for paying the difference in such taxes and we do not accept any liability whatsoever for the difference in such taxes.
You shall not hold us liable for any non-availability, changes in prices or any damages suffered due to circumstances changing from the date of quotation to the date we accept your offer to purchase the Travel product.
We shall only be liable for those costs of the travel package as expressly stated in the itinerary. All other costs, notwithstanding such additional costs being associated, directly or indirectly, with our expenditure obligations, shall be for your sole account.
The travel package shall only be for your or such other person’s designated by you upon purchasing the travel package and his/her companion(s) who shall accompany him/her on his/her travel, as the case may be), and shall not be ceded, sold, bartered or in any way whatsoever be transferred to any other person. The travel package or any unused component thereof shall not be redeemed for cash or kind or in any way whatsoever.